Monday, February 24, 2014

A must read.... A true life story ROUGH EDGE TO GOOD LIFE

Two things make someone tell their story. Either regret or happy ending mine happen to be both. It all started some 25years ago in the rough street of Lagos, after I lost my both parent to a motor accident. My world came crumbling down. They were my all, I never lack and never beg, so leaving that height to the lowest point was something no one will wish to pass through. I started eating from hand to mouth, eating from the waste bin of other people, and begging on the street. Life was not easy, I had to put up with fight, injuries and rape so as to stay alive and get shelter over my head. I was raped four times on the street on different occasion. One particular time, I was raped by six area boys. The most horrific scene in my life. After years of being a street kid, I eventually ended up as a club dancer. Well dancing was one talent God gave me, the unfortunate thing was that I had to use it to put food on my table the wrong way. Dancing in the club, came with me sleeping with some rich guys in order to earn more money to sustain my life. Abortion was like a regular thing for me, because I can't get pregnant except I don't want to eat. A colleague of mine introduced me to drugs, so I became addicted, and this drug don't come cheap at all. I spent most of my income on drugs and alcohol, engaged in gambling. I became addicted to all this things. I was a junkie, well that's the world I find myself. No one is ready to give you anything for free, so I make the money the only way I knew. One evening after the show at the bar, i met a business man from South Africa, he wanted sex, so I charged him heavily, so he paid me for a night stand, we went to his room, he took his bath, I took mine, and left the bathroom naked, walked towards him to start, he refuse and ask me to but on my cloth and sleep that he is tired. I told him: "sir, there are no refunds, you paid for my service, so this is me, cos ones it day break, your time expire" he said "no problem" and he still refused to touch me and we had no sex throughout, i asked, he said; i should be a housewife of a good man, and not a Prostitute, i couldn't help it, I explained to him that no man can marry me at 34 years of age with all my addiction and problems, he calmed me down and was sincere with me while sharing his past too, i thanked him and he gave me his complimentary card to call him. And three days later, he found his way to my living house and said he will like to marry me, he was with me throughout that day, he still insisted on not touching me, and that was the only way I think I could thank him for everything. He first took me to a rehabilitation home, I got myself cleaned up, then to a shrink. After six months of rehabilitation, now we are planning for a better future. This is my testimony, i believe in God the more since this incident. If the Lord can still look down to me and show me mercy, upon my atrocities and dirty ways, well I guess he still consider me worthy. I engaged in smoking, hustling, gambling and countless abortions in the past. I got a second chance to life at age 34 and a better future after God save my life. Well, will I say that I'm a lucky one, all the girls I started with, some ended up in the hands of ritual, some died of disease, some with tumour, but I never had any of those not even HIV. Well that's my story. Happy ending with past regret, but I'm happy now. I'm much at ease after shearing my story. WRITEN BY SIMPA S SAMSONS.

No comments:

Post a Comment